Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Blog posts sought on mothering issues from MIRCI members

Years ago I felt as if I was the only feminist mother in the world. In fact, I didn't even know that I was a feminist mother. One night I googled something along the lines of 'mother organisation' and came across the 'Motherhood Initiative for Research and Community Involvement' (MIRCI). It saved my sanity.

I was finally able to put a label to what I was trying to be - a feminist mother. I have since spoken at a MIRCI conference and have about twenty MIRCI journals at least which cover almost every aspect of being a feminist mother.

In March 2016 I was appointed as the official blogger for MIRCI  by the founder Dr Andrea O'Reilly who writes and gives speeches around the world on women's issues, especially on motherhood. The email that was sent out to members is featured below.

I am thrilled and proud to be able to blog about and share MIRCI's in depth analysis of contemporary motherhood.

I am inviting MIRCI members to submit blog posts on their experiences of mothering, research work or activism. This is not an exhaustive list. It would be especially good if members were able to tie their blog posts to a MIRCI journal in the way that I do. Readers of my blog who aren't members may want to consider becoming one.

I look forward to receiving your submissions addressed to ambitiousmamas@gmail.com



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig