Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Will you do anything different as a mother in 2015?

I am living a mothering conundrum. Towards the end of 2014 I started pondering on how and what aspects of mothering I ought to change to accommodate a teenager who suffers from mood swings and slides along a scale of disliking and loving her mum every few minutes. It was doing my head in and I was looking forward to the distraction of Xmas and New Year. Even an adoring mum can only take so much.

So it began that I started analysing situations, words and gestures to work out in minute detail what the trigger points were for discord and what the tipping points were for unhappiness. I hadn't got very far because preparing for Xmas, as you know, takes up so much time and energy. However, in hindsight it was just as well that I hadn't reached any conclusions or a plan of action because, to my surprise, my teen spent the Xmas and New Year period seeking out my company and praising me whenever an occasion for a slight against mum arose.

As a result I am no wiser in 2015 than I was in 2014. I am going to put my head down and live the mantra 'to go with the flow'. Calm and humour will be my armoury in defusing 'hot headed' situations and we'll see how long I can keep up with that too! Happy New Year to mothers everywhere.

Have you made any mother resolutions yourself?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig