Sunday, 15 December 2013

Chauvinism is everywhere

There has been a trajectory of growth within my feminism self since I realised that I was a feminist about 10 years ago. It did not occur to me that I was a feminist because I laboured under the misapprehension that the ideology belonged to white women who were middle class. The theory and practise of feminist mothering is what drew me into the feminist fold and I love it. However, it does open one's eyes to the entrenched and pervasive chauvinism that exists within society. As a result, I am quite often an angry woman and the anger can last for hours. Being a feminist can be a emotionally painful and isolating experience sometimes but I would still rather be an informed woman than the blinkered one that I was.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig