Sunday, 20 June 2010

Yikes-School Sports Day Memories

The piece at http://timesonline.typepad.com/alphamummy/2010/06/will-you-be-doing-the-parents-race-at-sports-day.html#comments has brought back ghastly memories of the first school sports day that I entered into. My daughter was in Reception year and a Mummy's race was held at the end of the children's events. I had been going to the gym three times a week and felt slim and fit. Hitching up my skirt I went for it when the starter gun was fired. My daughter was standing at the finishing line crying because...I came second to last! Oh yes, the family was humiliated and I have never run a Mummy race ever again. My daughter who is now 10 still remembers that day and makes me promise every year that I will not enter the race. It's an easy promise to make.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig